Battle Group Able Two-One was an allied pact battlegroup made up of a Dido-class light cruiser, an H-class destroyer, and a trio of Battle-class destroyers from the Royal Navy and Royal Australian Navy. In 1942, the battle group acted as a decoy to lure the Yamato battle group closer to the a combined allied fleet led by aircraft carriers HMS Illustrious, HMS Formidable, HMS Implacable, HMAS Melbourne, and HMCS Vimy Ridge.
Constituents[edit | edit source]
- HMS Euryalus (42) - Dido-class light cruiser
- HMS Battle - Battle-class destroyer
- HMS Hotspur (H01) H-class destroyer
- HMAS Albania (D61) - Battle-class destroyer
- HMAS Gallipoli (D62) - Battle-class destroyer