The Croatian Air Force and Air Defence (Croatian: Hrvatsko ratno zrakoplovstvo i protuzračna obrana) is a branch of the Croatian Armed Forces.
The primary role of the Croatian Air Force and Air Defence is securing the sovereignty of Croatian air space and providing air support to other services during joint operations. It operates the integrated Croatian Air Defence system. Other tasks include providing help in natural, humanitarian and technological disasters, search and rescue operations, and support to other government agencies.
Aircraft Inventory[edit | edit source]
Fighters[edit | edit source]
- Saab JAS 39 Gripen C/D x 12 (Multirole Fighter)
Transport Aircraft[edit | edit source]
- CASA C-295 x 4 (Utility Transport)
- Canadair CL-415 x 12 (Aerial Firefighting Aircraft)
- Canadair Challenger 600 x 4 (VIP Transport)
Helicopters[edit | edit source]
- Fort Worth AF OH-58/83D x 16 (Observation/Scout Helicopter)
- Mil Mi-8MTV-1/T x 14 (Transport/SAR Helicopter)
- Mil Mi-171Sh x 10 (Transport/SAR Helicopter)