The Duke-class nuclear attack submarines were a class of nuclear powered fast attack submarines in service in the Royal Navy and Royal Canadian Navy from the mid-1960s to the mid 1980s. They would be replaced by the Trafalgar-class in the 1980s. A total of thirteen submarines were built, ten for the Royal Navy and three for the Royal Canadian Navy. The Canadian purchase of the Duke-class occurred after submarines of the APN were discovered transiting the Northwest Passage without authorization.
List of VesselsEdit
- HMS Duke of Edinburgh (SN 103)
- HMS Duke of Wellington (SN 104)
- HMS Duke of York (SN 105)
- HMS Duke of Cornwall (SN 106)
- HMS Duke of Newcastle (SN 107)
- HMS Duke of Albany (SN 108)
- HMS Duke of Kent (SN 109)
- HMS Duke of Cumberland (SN 110)
- HMS Duke of Norfolk (SN 111)
- HMS Duke of Sussex (SN 112)
- HMCS Lake Superior (SN C12)
- HMCS Lake Huron (SN C13)
- HMCS Lake Athabasca (SN C14)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.