The Philippine Navy (PN; Filipino: Hukbóng Dagat ng Pilipinas) is the naval warfare service branch of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and one of the three uniformed services of the Republic of the Philippines. It has an estimated of 48,000 active personnel and operates 102 ships in active service.
The Philippine Navy has four landing platform docks, six dock landing ships, six destroyers, ten frigates, eight corvettes, six submarines, six replenishment vessels, two hospital ships, twelve minesweepers, ten offshore patrol vessels, twelve inshore patrol vessels, and eighteen high speed patrol boats.
Also the navy has it's own Marine Corps (Philippine Marine Corps, PMC; Hukbong Kawal Pandagat ng Pilipinas), it's role is to defend both the Sea and Ground areas of the Philippines as well as in-charge of garrisons at the territories of the Republic, Also it conducts amphibious and expeditionary warfare, as well as special operation missions by their Force Recon units.
List of Vessels[edit | edit source]
Active[edit | edit source]
- 4 x Makassar-class landing platform docks
- 6 x Bay-class dock landing ships
- 2 x Balikpapan-class heavy landing craft
- 2 x Jose Rizal-class frigates
- 2 x Shirane-class helicopter destroyers
- 6 x Murasame-class destroyers
- 10 x Anzac-class frigates
- 8 x Emilio Jacinto-class corvettes
- 6 x Oyashio-class submarines
- 6 x Mount Logan-class replenishment vessels
- 2 x Spirit-class hospital ships
- 12 x Yaeyama-class minesweeper
- 10 x Armidale-class offshore patrol vessels
- 12 x General Mariano Alvarez-class inshore patrol vessels
- 18 x Alberto Navarette-class patrol boats