RCAF Station Trenton is a RCAF air base ;ocated 2.3 nautical miles (4.3 km; 2.6 mi) northeast of Trenton, Ontario. It is operated as an air force base by the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) and is the hub for air transport operations in Canada and abroad. Its primary RCAF lodger unit is 8 Wing, commonly referred to as 8 Wing Trenton.
The airport is classified as an airport of entry by NAV CANADA and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency. The use of the airport for civilian aircraft is permitted for emergencies or MEDEVACs only.
Units[edit | edit source]
- 8 Wing Trenton
- 423 Rescue Squadron (CC-115NV Buffalo SAR, CV-131 Dynavert, CH-149 Cormorant)
- 426 "Thunderbird" Transport Training Squadron (CT-132 Dash 7, CT-142 Dash 8)
- 429 Transport Squadron (CC-177 Stingray)
- 432 Transport Squadron (CC-177 Stingray)
- 436 Transport Squadron (CC-130 Bison)
- 437 Transport Squadron (CC-130 Bison, CC-150 Polaris)
- 450 Aerial Refueling Squadron (CC-160 Arcturus)
- 454 Transport Squadron (CC-130 Bison)
- 664 "Observers" Intelligence Squadron (CE-196 Sentinel)