The Republic of Iran Air Force (RIAF) (Persian: جمهوری نیروی هوایی ایران) is the aviation branch of the Iranian armed forces. The present Air Force came into being in the mid-1960s when the former Imperial Iranian Air Force was renamed.
Fighters and attack aircraftEdit
- Bethpage AF F-14/77b x 150 (Air Superiority Fighter)
- HESA Saeqeh x 98 (Light Fighter)
- Long Beach AF F-4/84v x 60 (Fighter-Bomber)
- Sukhoi Su-27SKM x 160 (Air Superiority Fighter)
Ground Attack AircraftEdit
- Canadair-Raytheon CE-196 Sentinel x 6 (Battlefield Management Aircraft)
- De Havilland Nimrod AEW.3 x 10 (AWACS Aircraft)
- HESA IrAn-140 x 12 (AWACS/Maritime Patrol)
- Long Beach AF P-3/75f x 18 (Maritime Patrol Aircraft)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.